[AL-Directors] Books-for-China Goal is Met!

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Mon Oct 5 15:28:32 PDT 2009

Dear Directors:
This is to inform you that as of today we have met our Books-for-China goal
of 1,000 boxes to send to libraries in Fujian. Please don¹t send us any more
books. On October 15th members of the Oregon National Guard will come to the
State Library to load a 40 ft. container that will be shipped to Xiamen,
Fujian in a few weeks.

I want to thank all of you who helped out with this project. It¹s wonderful
that we were able to meet our goal despite all of the challenges many of us
are facing right now. The libraries in Fujian will be very grateful.

Thanks again for your cooperation.

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
503-378-4367
(fax) 503-585-8059
jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us

Go Green, Keep it on screen - think before you print.