[AL-Directors] LearningExpress Library Now Available to Oregon Libraries

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Mon Nov 8 13:33:50 PST 2010

Dear Colleagues:

We are very pleased to announce that the Oregon State Library has signed a five-year contract with LearningExpress LLC to provide LearningExpress Library and Computer Skill Tutorials to all public, academic, and tribal libraries in Oregon. These products will also be available through our school library portal, OSLIS.

If you do not have a current subscription you will need to contact LearningExpress directly. For LE contact information and to determine what information you will need to provide to LE on your website, please visit the web page we have set up at: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/technology/sdlp/LearningExpress/

If you do have a current subscription with LearningExpress you will be moved to the OSL account and do not need to do anything to sign up. You will receive a refund for the remainder of your subscription from LE within 60 days of the State Library payment for the statewide license, which should be mid-November.

The OSL web page will also contain information on how to obtain marketing and promotional materials, MARC Records and training materials. It will also have information on accessing live interactive tours of LE online resources.

Library Development staff will be working with LearningExpress to promote this new service and we will be sending out a press release after libraries have signed up for the service. We will also be offering in-person training around the state in early spring 2011. We have requested that promotional materials be sent to each library and will be providing more information about that in the coming weeks.

The LearningExpress Library online learning platform provides over 770 of the most up-to-date test preparation and skill-building resources, helping both students and adults prepare for a wide range of academic and career-oriented exams as well as improve basic skills in reading, writing, and math. In addition, job-skills tutorials are available to assist in creating a great resume, honing interviewing techniques, and improving business communications. Patrons also have the option of selecting from more than 130 e-Book titles to help learners of all ages prepare for success. This innovative platform includes self-paced study, instant scoring, and diagnostic feedback and can be accessed from any computer that has an Internet connection.

State Library staff are very excited about this product and believe that it will be valuable in all types of libraries. If you have questions or concerns that are not addressed on our website: please contact me at marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us<mailto:marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us> or 503-378-5012 or Darci Hanning at darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> or 503-378-2527.

Cheers,
Darci

Darci Hanning * Technology Development Consultant * Library Development Services
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR  97301
503-378-2527 darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us>

 Ask me about Plinkit! http://www.plinkit.org/ http://oregon.plinkit.org<http://oregon.plinkit.org/>