[AL-Directors] Seeking new members for Oregon's LSTA Advisory Council

Ross Fuqua Ross.Fuqua at state.or.us
Mon Aug 26 10:41:59 PDT 2019

Dear Oregon library community,

The State Library of Oregon is looking to fill five upcoming open seats our volunteer Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) Advisory Council<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/libraries/Pages/lstaac.aspx>! Council positions are for 3 years, from January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2022. These positions will play an important role down the road in the evaluation of Oregon's current LSTA 5-Year Plan (2018-2022)<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/libraries/Documents/LSTA/2018-2022LSTAFiveYearPlanFinal.pdf>, as well as helping to shape our LSTA Program now and in the future.

Please use this form to nominate yourself or a colleague by Sunday, September 22, 2019:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020LSTACouncilNominations

We are looking to fill these specific upcoming seats:

*        Public Libraries Representative (1 position)

*        Academic Libraries Representative (1 position)

*        Representative serving Underserved & Under-represented Persons (1 position)

*        Information Technology Representative (1 position)

*        Library Users Representative (1 position)*
*Please consider asking a library patron, board member, member of your library's Friends group, or anyone who cares about library service in your community to consider this position.

Major responsibilities:
The Council reviews project proposals and reports (including our annual LSTA Competitive Grants), makes recommendations to the Board, and advises the Board about any opportunities or issues concerning Oregon's LSTA program.

Advisory Council Structure:
The LSTA Advisory Council consists of thirteen members and is broadly representative of library entities in Oregon, including public, school, academic, and special libraries, as well as library users. Special consideration is given to ensure that the following are represented: geographic areas of the state, underserved areas, and underrepresented persons.

The State Library Board will appoint new LSTA Advisory Council members this October, and new members' terms will begin January 1, 2020.

Please contact me with any questions!

Ross Fuqua
Data & Federal Programs Consultant
503-378-5027 | oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>