[AL-Directors] LSTA grants for newspaper digitization!

Ross Fuqua Ross.Fuqua at state.or.us
Wed Nov 13 10:01:23 PST 2019

Apologies for cross posting...

The State Library of Oregon is pleased to announce a funding opportunity for newspaper digitization, through a new partnership between University of Oregon Libraries' Oregon Digital Newspaper Program<https://oregonnews.uoregon.edu/> and our Library Services & Technology Act (LSTA) Program<https://www.oregon.gov/Library/libraries/Pages/LSTA.aspx>!
In addition to the LSTA Competitive Grants program, the State Library has set aside $20,000 of LSTA funding for the upcoming fiscal year (July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021) to be used specifically to digitize Oregon newspaper content. Please visit our guide<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/lstagrants/odnp> for eligibility and project requirements, the grant application timeline, project evaluation criteria, and contact information. Or just reach out to me directly for more info!

Oregon's LSTA Program is federally funded through the Grants to States Program<https://www.imls.gov/grants/grant-programs/grants-states> of the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

Ross Fuqua
Data & Federal Programs Consultant
503-378-5027 | oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>