[AL-Directors] A message from Library Support at the State Library

Ross Fuqua Ross.Fuqua at state.or.us
Fri Mar 20 14:56:40 PDT 2020

Hello Oregon Libraries!

"What a year this past week has been." -- pretty much everyone

We truly appreciate the work you're doing in this time to support your communities, and we hope you are all staying healthy and safe.

Please know that the State Library is still here to assist you in your work! Several of us in Library Support are now working remotely, so please reach us via email, or call and leave us a voicemail and we'll get back to you. Our general email is library.support at state.or.us<mailto:mlibrary.support at state.or.us> or find our specific contact info here<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries/Pages/Contact.aspx>.

We've created a COVID-19 Response LibGuide<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus> for libraries that we hope you'll find useful (and also not overwhelming!). We're updating and streamlining content there regularly, so please send us your feedback and additional resources, and keep checking back as we continue to make improvements.

A few things we've recently added:

*       Guidance on handling library materials<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/c.php?g=1011618&p=7359965> (multiple resources under 'What to do about returned library materials?')

*       Free and low-cost internet services<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus/remote> (compiled by the National Digital Inclusion Alliance)

*       Online meeting platforms<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus/remote> (a short list of free options)

*       Greta Bergquist and Darci Hanning will each be hosting weekly "office hours" at noon; Greta on Tuesdays and Darci on Thursdays

o   Please join by Zoom or phone - connection info is here<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus/home/#office-hours>

One last thing! Our other State Library colleagues in Government Services and the Talking Book & Braille Library<https://www.oregon.gov/library/operations/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx> are also working hard continuing to serve you, state workers, and Oregonians everywhere. Please continue to reach out (or direct your patrons our way) as needs arise!

Be well,

Greta, Darci, Tamara, Jen, Arlene, Ferol, Susan, & Ross
Library Support & Development Services
State Library of Oregon

Ross Fuqua
Data & Federal Programs Consultant
503-378-5027 | oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/stateLibraryOR/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOR/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/statelibraryor> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
COVID-19 info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image001.png at 01D5FEC7.ED187E10]<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>