[AL-Directors] New indoor mask requirements

NIELSEN Buzzy * SLO Buzzy.NIELSEN at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Aug 13 15:26:53 PDT 2021

** Please forgive cross-postings **

I'm sure most of you have heard that Governor Brown re-instated indoor mask requirements effective on Friday, August 31, 2021. We have updated the COVID-19 Advice for Libraries<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/ld.php?content_id=62816413> to reflect this change. The document is attached to this email. The updated document is based on the new administrative rule<https://secure.sos.state.or.us/oard/viewSingleRule.action?ruleVrsnRsn=280420> that puts the masking requirement in place. Here's the gist of the new rule:

Individuals, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a face covering when in an indoor space unless the individual:

  *   Is under five years of age.
  *   Is actively eating or drinking.
  *   Is in a private individual workspace.
  *   Must remove the face covering briefly to confirm identity.
  *   Is performing, such as playing music, delivering a speech, or theater.

More details are in the COVID-19 Advice for Libraries document and in the administrative rule.

More information about how libraries can respond to the pandemic is available on the State Library's COVID-19 Information for Oregon Libraries<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus/> guide. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, you're also welcome to send them my way.

Stay safe, stay healthy,

Buzzy Nielsen, MPP, MSI (he/him/his)
Program Manager, Library Support & Development Services
State Library of Oregon
buzzy.nielsen at slo.oregon.gov | 971-375-3486
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[cid:image001.png at 01D79056.E59D2FB0]<https://www.northwestdigitalheritage.org/>  [cid:image002.png at 01D79056.E59D2FB0] <http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>