[AL-Directors] State Library Board looking for new members

NIELSEN Buzzy * SLO Buzzy.NIELSEN at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Nov 15 14:39:27 PST 2021

** Please forgive cross-postings **

Hi folks,

The State Library of Oregon is looking for a couple of new members to serve on the State Library Board. More info is below. Specifically, we're looking for a member who represents the public on the west side of the Cascades and another member of the public from the east side of the Cascades. This opportunity is great one for a member of your board, Friends, Foundation, a student, a faculty member, or any other patron or library supporter who might be interested.

The State Library of Oregon serves a wide variety of clients: public, academic, school, special, and tribal libraries; the Oregon legislature and all Oregon state government agencies; the general public; and print-disabled Oregonians who utilize our Talking Book and Braille Library. The library is housed in a beautiful Works Progress Administration-built Art Deco building near the State Capitol in Salem.

Direct input from members of the public on the State Library Board is critical to our success in serving Oregonians. The State Library will have two vacant positions on our Board at the end of June 2022. One position is for a public member representing the eastern side of Oregon and one position is for a public member representing the western side of Oregon.

The State Library Board has legal and fiduciary responsibilities, evaluates the library director, sets policy, determines the library mission and vision, and is directly accountable to the public via the Governor and Legislature of the state of Oregon. There are five to six meetings a year, averaging out to about 3 hours a month. Travel expenses to meetings, when they happen in-person, are reimbursed.

If you are interested in applying for one of the positions or know someone who might be interested, the application can be found at this link: Board & Commission Member Opportunities<https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Boards/job/Employee-Exempt-From-Mass-Transit-Tax/State-Library-Board---Board-Member_REQ-77371>.

If you have any questions about the Board, please contact Nancy Hoover, Acting State Librarian, at Nancy.hoover at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:Nancy.hoover at slo.oregon.gov> or Lori Wamsley, Board Chair, at lori.wamsley at mhcc.edu<mailto:lori.wamsley at mhcc.edu>.

Cheers!

Buzzy Nielsen, MPP, MSI (he/him/his)
Program Manager, Library Support & Development Services
State Library of Oregon
buzzy.nielsen at slo.oregon.gov | 971-375-3486
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Logo for the Library Support & Development Services division at the State Library of Oregon]<http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>