[AL-Directors] Offer your patrons free Oregon State Parks parking permits!

HANNING Darci * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Jun 17 10:58:25 PDT 2024

Hello academic library directors and happy Monday!

The State Library of Oregon wants to let you know about the following opportunity as we know a few of you have a cultural pass program and for others, this may be a reason to start one 😊

Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) in partnership with the Oregon Lottery is offering free day-use parking permits to public and academic libraries statewide. The annual parking permits, either physical or digital, can be added to your library collection for checkout. The permits allow one-day entry for one vehicle.

The parking permits are honored at all 25 state parks<https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=visit.day-use> that charge a parking fee. OPRD’s goal is to remove any financial barriers to accessing our parks by providing these permits to libraries for free checkout statewide. We’re offering a digital option for those libraries that have an ePass system or similar option. We can also send physical permits if preferred.

If your library isn’t currently offering other free passes for checkout, the State Library of Oregon will be hosting an informational session in the fall to help get you started.

Please e-mail Jason Resch, Communications Division manager, at  Jason.Resch at oprd.oregon.gov<mailto:Jason.Resch at oprd.oregon.gov> and indicate your preference. Include a mailing address to receive physical permits, if that’s the format you prefer. Jason can also answer questions you may have.

We appreciate any reports on how many people use the permits, if you hear any great stories from people who use the free passes, or any way we can improve the program.

*Note: This charge is a parking fee and not a charge for recreational purposes under ORS 105.672 to ORS 105.696. The immunities provided under ORS 105.682 apply to use of state park land for recreational use.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Jason Resch from State Parks at Jason.Resch at oprd.oregon.gov<mailto:Jason.Resch at oprd.oregon.gov>.

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted
State Library of Oregon | Library Support and Development Services
971-375-3491 | darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow @StateLibraryOR: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[cid:image001.png at 01DAC09F.AD39A460]

[cid:image002.png at 01DAC09F.AD39A460]<https://outlook.office365.com/bookwithme/user/a59abb0a2327467fac503ddb3913cf5e@slo.oregon.gov?anonymous&ep=signature>
Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office365.com/bookwithme/user/a59abb0a2327467fac503ddb3913cf5e@slo.oregon.gov?anonymous&ep=signature>