[Answerland] Report intellectual freedom challenges by 7/31

COX Jennifer * SLO Jennifer.Cox at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Jul 26 09:55:10 PDT 2023

Good Morning Answerlanders,

I wanted to get this in front of you all. You see things from a different angle than library directors and thought it would be important for you to know and understand how you can report intellectual freedom challenges. The State Library collects these stats on a regular basis. You may be thinking of an instance or two and wondering if it's "really" a challenge or instance to be reported. When in doubt, report it! There are a significant number of these that go unreported. You can do so confidentially. Our end of year wrap up is happening July 31st, please take a moment to let us know about instances that have happened at your school or library : https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/oifc/report

Sincerely,

Jennifer Cox, MLIS (she/her)
Virtual Reference Coordinator, Library Support & Development Services
State Library of Oregon
jennifer.cox at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:jennifer.cox at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-600-4992
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[cid:image001.png at 01D9BFA4.10932200]