[Iscn-members] Re-purposing cubicles and office furniture

WORTMAN David * DAS David.WORTMAN at oregon.gov
Wed Jun 2 15:06:31 PDT 2021

All:

I wanted to pass along this link for a resource if you are doing or planning any office remodeling in response to post-Covid workplace design. Our state Surplus has had a very difficult time finding homes for some things such as cubicle dividers - this is one solution that can keep materials out of landfill and potentially generate some cost savings. They can resell, reuse, recycle or relocate resources for you.

https://www.hermanmiller.com/better-world/environmental-advocacy/repurpose-program/

DHS has used this service and I have some documentation I can share if anyone is more interested. Glen from DHS may also want to chime in on their experience. I have attached an example of the "Decommission Certificate" they provide that documents outcomes.

Please share with your agency facilities folks.

Thanks all,

Dave

Dave Wortman, LEED AP BD+C, ISSP-SA
Statewide Sustainability Officer
Department of Administrative Services | State of Oregon
1225 Ferry St. SE, U100 | Salem, OR 97301-4281
Mobile: 971-304-8733
Subscribe to the Oregon sustainability newsletter<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORDAS/subscriber/topics?qsp=ORDAS_3,>
Visit the DAS Sustainability web site<http://www.oregon.gov/das/Facilities/Pages/Sustainability.aspx>

Joy is not in things, it is in us.