[Iscn-members] New iLearn Course and Certificate on Energy Savings in Building Operations

WORTMAN David * DAS David.WORTMAN at oregon.gov
Wed Mar 10 08:34:59 PST 2021

Agency Energy and Facility Managers, Sustainability Coordinators:

I wanted to share with you an exciting new course offering provided by DAS in iLearn on how to effectively save energy and money in your building operations. Brought to us through a generous offering from Energy Trust of Oregon and supported by Strategic Energy Group, this course will help building and facility managers, energy managers, and others with an interest in building operations manage energy use by optimizing scheduling, heating and cooling, ventilation, controls, and other strategies. Doing so will help your agency save energy and utility costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and comply with Executive Order<https://www.oregon.gov/gov/pages/carbonpolicy_index.aspx#:~:text=Oregon%20Carbon%20Policy%20Office%20The%20Carbon%20Policy%20Office,inform%20Governor%20Brown%E2%80%99s%20climate%20policy%20priorities%20and%20agenda.> directives and the statewide Energy and Resource Conservation Policy<https://www.oregon.gov/das/Policies/107-011-010.pdf>.

This free course is comprised of eight 20-25 minute modules, each with a short quiz. Upon completion of the course and passing of all quizzes, participants will receive a certificate of completion provided by Energy Trust. The DAS sustainability program will also recognize all certificate receivers in our quarterly communications.

We hope you'll take advantage of this great resource and opportunity. The attached flyer provides more detail and a link to the course in iLearn. Please circulate this in your agency to those who may be interested and advertise through your agency communication channels.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the course.

Thanks much,

Dave

Dave Wortman, LEED AP BD+C, ISSP-SA
Statewide Sustainability Officer
Department of Administrative Services | State of Oregon
1225 Ferry St. SE, U100 | Salem, OR 97301-4281
Mobile: 971-304-8733
Subscribe to the Oregon sustainability newsletter<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORDAS/subscriber/topics?qsp=ORDAS_3,>
Visit the DAS Sustainability web site<http://www.oregon.gov/das/Facilities/Pages/Sustainability.aspx>

P please print this email only if there is truly a need