[Iscn-members] Next Mid Willamette Valley Sustainability Event

WORTMAN David * DAS David.WORTMAN at oregon.gov
Thu Sep 30 10:00:12 PDT 2021

Mark your calendars for the next mid-valley online sustainability networking lunch on Thursday October 14th from 11:45am - 1pm (PST). Full event details can be found on our website<https://sites.google.com/view/mwvsnl/home/upcoming-events?authuser=0>, and thank you for sharing this invite as you see fit.

Please note that registration is required<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fus06web.zoom.us%2Fmeeting%2Fregister%2FtZYtf-GprTkiHdH-S0FGK0KeYeAZhXyXVrk-&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFni0vWP0ByJ_-oYJKkn5rNKSI2lQ> to participate, which also makes it easy to add this to your online calendar!

Oct 14th Speaker
Ian Dixon-McDonald<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ian-dixon-mcdonald-a6406577/>, Marion Polk Food Share<https://marionpolkfoodshare.org/>'s Vice President of Programs, will share successes, challenges and opportunities facing our communities experiencing food insecurity. He will focus on inequities in the food system, how the pandemic affected hunger, and how you can get involved. The talk will also touch on the Food Share's work with Marion County's Earthwise program.

And thank you again to Dr. Ben Scandella, Oregon Water Resource Department's Groundwater Data Chief, for speaking last month about a recently completed statewide, data-driven assessment of recent concerns and impacts associated with the development of groundwater resources. A recording of Ben's presentation will be uploaded to our site soon.

We host monthly networking lunches to help build community among regional businesses, government agencies, non-profits, higher education, and community groups advancing solutions to environmental, social justice, and allied issues.

We hope to see you soon! - Joe Abraham<https://www.linkedin.com/in/jabraham74/>, Elin Shepard<https://www.linkedin.com/in/elin-shepard-12657733/>, Dave Wortman<https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-wortman/>, Laura Tesler, and Candice Goldsmith<https://www.linkedin.com/in/candicegoldsmith/>

Dave Wortman (he/him), LEED AP BD+C, ISSP-SA
Statewide Sustainability Officer
Department of Administrative Services | State of Oregon
1225 Ferry St. SE, U100 | Salem, OR 97301-4281
Mobile: 971-304-8733
Subscribe to the Oregon sustainability newsletter<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORDAS/subscriber/topics?qsp=ORDAS_3,>
Visit the DAS Sustainability web site<http://www.oregon.gov/das/Facilities/Pages/Sustainability.aspx>