[kids-lib] Registration for CSD Fall Workshop Open!!

Rick Samuelson ricks at wccls.org
Wed Sep 16 14:10:08 PDT 2009

Hi everybody!

Please join us for the annual Children Services Division (of OLA) Fall
Workshop!  Here is the link for registration:

https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quickForm/viewForm.do?orgId=ola&formId=6
6348

The Workshop is taking place at the Beaverton City Library on Saturday
November 7th.  There is a $20 registration fee, which gets you morning
coffee, a delicious lunch, and snacks!  All in all, it promises to be a
great time.  We're mixing things up a little this go-around, focusing on
the school-age audience.  With Reading for Healthy Families kicking into
full-swing and energizing the early literacy scene around the State, we
thought it might be a good opportunity to spend some time with the kids
as they grow up.

Nancy Sullivan, founding member of Fund Our Future Oregon (a local group
dedicated to creating strong school libraries for every child in
Oregon), will be presenting on School & Public Library Collaborations.
This is your chance to get the inside scoop on how to best form
partnerships with your school library counterparts!  Get ready to make
the dream a reality!

Last year we shared storytime ideas.  This year, we're sharing
school-age program ideas.  Send me your basic plan or write-up and I
will work everything into a nice & neat handout.

2010 Summer Reading Club manuals will be distributed after the morning
workshop.  And we will be hosting our annual Silent Auction (bring
something fun to auction off & come prepared with cash or check to buy,
buy, buy.. watch out for the white elephant!)

I can't wait to see everybody!

Email me with any questions.

Bye!

Rick Samuelson, Youth Services Librarian
Chair - Children's Services Division of OLA
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
111 NE Lincoln, MS 58A
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 648-9809   5#
ricks at wccls.org