[kids-lib] Mock Newbery Workshop Registration Open!

Rick Samuelson ricks at wccls.org
Mon Sep 21 14:16:49 PDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I am thrilled to announce another great workshop sponsored in part by
the Children's Services Division of OLA:

Mock Newbery Workshop (click here to register):
https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quickForm/viewForm.do?orgId=ola&formId=6
6342

The Mock Newbery Workshop is presented by CSD, the Children and Young
Adult Services (CAYAS) Interest Group of WLA, and Multnomah County
Library.  Here are the particulars:

Date/Time: Saturday January 9, 2010 / 10 am - 4 pm
Location: Multnomah County Library's Central Library
Cost: $15 / pays for snacks and a lunch from Elephant's Delicatessen

This workshop has an attandance limit of 48!  Sign up quick, to ensure
that you're able to take part in what promises to be a super-fun
workshop.
Join library staff and educators from around Oregon and Washington for a
fun and fascinating look at the Newbery medal. 2010 Newbery Committee
chair Katie O'Dell and 2010 Committee member Steven Engelfried will talk
about the Newbery committee experience. Former Newbery Committee members
Nell Colburn, Marian Creamer, and Ellen Fader will lead a
thought-provoking discussion about the challenging task of selecting the
most distinguished children's book of the year. Finally, all attendees
will discuss several of the best books of 2009, culminating in a vote
for the OLA/WLA Mock Newbery winner!
A book list will be sent out to registrants around the middle of
October.
Please contact me with any questions.  I apologize for the
cross-listing.
I can't wait to see everybody.  Let's all get ready to explore a great
year in children's literature!

Rick Samuelson, Youth Services Librarian
Chair - Children's Services Division of OLA
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
111 NE Lincoln, MS 58A
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 648-9809   5#
ricks at wccls.org