[kids-lib] Possible summer reading CD
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Fri Apr 30 08:08:01 PDT 2010
Hello! I just received the following email about a CD that may work with your 2010 summer reading program. This is not an endorsement, please review your collection development policy to make sure this is appropriate for your library.
Direct questions to Jack and Kitty Norton at 1-800-970-0563 or Julia Foster-McPhee at juliafostermcphee at gmail.com<mailto:juliafostermcphee at gmail.com>
For more information visit the website: http://www.SummerReadingProgramCD.com
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
From: Julia Foster-McPhee [mailto:juliafostermcphee at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 11:06 PM
To: info at zinghoppers.com
Subject: Splish Splash - Day 2
I wanted to write you a quick note to tell you an exciting project we developed for the 2010 summer reading program. It's a CD of over 20 songs and skits called, "Splish Splash"! It's so much fun.
My wife is a librarian turned teacher, and I also teach. All of the songs we wrote to be fun, highly-interactive and great to use with preschool and elementary age kids. Every track on the "Splish Splash" CD promotes reading, having fun at the library, and includes lots of wet and wild, splishy-splashy, water-related fun! Just take a look at what's on this incredible new CD...
1. The Hello Song
2. Let's Make A Splash And Read
3. Tooty Ta
5. DJ Dewey Decimal's Top 10 Countdown
6. Food Rainbow
7. Wonders Of Water, Wow!
8. Fish Learn To Read (In Their Schools)
9. We Love Reading Time!
10. A High Seas Learning Adventure
11. Minnie The Mermaid
12. The Splish Splash Dance
13. Summertime, Reading Time!
14. Blue (The Water Is Blue)
15. In A Little Hula Heaven
16. Six Little Ducks
18. Soap And Water (Do You Like To Wash Your Hands?)
19. Ahoy, Readers!
20. Make A Splash And Read (The Mad Lib Game)
21. The Goodbye Song
The CD has been REDUCED TO SELL for the next month only at: http://www.SummerReadingProgramCD.com - it also includes a FREE Activity Guide which includes materials and ideas to help you make a splash at your library! Also all orders are shipped the same day - so you'll have your CD a day or two after you place your order...at no additional fee! There's still plenty of time to add this fun CD to your collection for the SRP! Again, just visit: http://www.SummerReadingProgramCD.com to learn how to order. You can also LISTEN BEFORE YOU BUY on our website. Be sure to check out our Dewey Decimal Song - it's funny and will help show your patrons where they can find books! ;)
We're so incredibly proud of this CD! We hope you make the decision to add it to your collection. Be sure to let us know how your kids like it. Here's to making a splash at the library this summer!
Jack and Kitty Norton
PO Box 682873
Franklin, TN 37068
PS - We've already received some great comments from librarians around the country! Here's what folks are saying about our high-quality, fun, interactive kids music:
* "A must-have for every youth librarian."
American Librarian Association
* "By far the best summer reading themed CD on the market."
Ernie Osborne, Chicago Public Library
* "Your CD was the highlight of our summer reading program! The kids loved it!"
Maria Gonzalez, Youth Services, Los Angeles Public Library
* "The songs are great and the puppet skits were lots of fun for our kids!"
Miss. Sandy, Youth Services, Brooklyn Public Library
* "We love using the "Dewey Decimal Song" to show kids how books are organized. Brilliant!"
Alliance for Youth Librarians of the Southwest
* "Really cute songs that my kids love...and ask for by name!"
Miss. Sarah, Youth Services, Dallas Public Library
* "The songs provide a focusing factor for learning important skills."
Kecia Burcham, Guidance Counselor, Freedom Intermediate School
* "A must-have for every educator."
Teaching Children Magazine
* "Combines the curriculum content of Dr. Jean, with the production values and musicianship of the Wiggles...essential for every educator."
Dr. Namdev Davis, Director, Early Childhood Development Institute
* "Keeps anyone’s toes tapping...a great tool!"
Dave Loftin, Chattanooga Parent Magazine
* "I love this CD and you are funny!"
Taneisha B. (age 4), Memphis, TN
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 19011 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Kids-lib