[kids-lib] Oregon Readers Choice Award (ORCA) nominees now being taken

Rebecca Cohen storyweaver at newportlibrary.org
Wed Feb 3 10:08:32 PST 2010

Oregon's new readers' choice awards, ORCA, are open for nominations from
anyone who loves to read children's and YA literature.  The nominee list
is for the 2010-11 academic year.  If you know of any young readers who
might like to make nominations, please give them my email address and
their titles will be added to the committee's consideration list.
Nominations will be accepted until March 1, 2010.

The three voting categories are:

Junior - Grades 4-6

Intermediate - Grades 7-9

Senior - Grades 10-12

Books need to have been published in 2008, if a series only the first
book in the series is eligible and availability in Spanish and/or
paperback is preferred.

Fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels may be nominated.

To send nominations or request more information, please contact me at:

Rebecca Cohen

2010-2012 ORCA Chairperson

Newport Public Library

35 NW Nye St