[kids-lib] Dive into Saving for College: update

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Jul 15 16:12:25 PDT 2010

Attention Youth Librarians in Oregon public libraries:

Now that the 2010 Summer Reading Program is well underway, you may be interested to hear that our partnership with the Oregon College Savings Plan is off to a great start. As of July 1 we have received over 2,000 entries!  Remember, 3 winners will be selected from each of Oregon's 5 congressional regions giving your patrons a good chance at winning the $1,000 Oregon College Savings accounts.

If you haven't done so already, please display the "Dive into Saving for College" (http://www.oregoncollegesavings.com/news/library.shtml) materials so that all patrons may enter for a chance to win. The greater the number of patrons from your library who enter, the greater your chances of winning $500 for your 2011 summer reading program.

You may order additional "Dive into Saving for College" materials by emailing oregon.college.savings at admailinc.com<mailto:oregon.college.savings at admailinc.com>. Representatives from the Oregon College Savings Plan are also available to assist with any questions you may have or to help assemble the literature stand that was mailed with your starter kits. Email any questions regarding materials to Kathy Griffin (kgriffin at tiaa-cref.org<mailto:kgriffin at tiaa-cref.org>).

Please email any feedback or questions you have about the program to me or Kathy Griffin (kgriffin at tiaa-cref.org<mailto:kgriffin at tiaa-cref.org>). We will be reviewing all your suggestions to ensure the partnership with the Oregon College Savings Plan is stronger and even more successful next year.

Thank you,

Katie Anderson

Libraries with top entries include:

Multnomah County Library                                          428
Corvallis-Benton County Public Library                   109
Sherwood Public Library                                               88
Salem Public Library                                                        66
Beaverton City Library                                                   65
Springfield Public Library                                               65
St. Helens Public Library                                                63
Jackson County Library Services                                                50