[kids-lib] Fun New Early Literacy Resource

Rick Samuelson ricks at wccls.org
Wed Jul 21 13:19:15 PDT 2010

Hi gang,

I just saw this cool website of "Songs and Rhymes that Build Readers" on
the ALSC list-serv: http://www.storyblocks.org/

It's a pretty awesome idea.  Similar to the "Tell Me a Story" list that
KCLS developed a few years back
(http://wiki.kcls.org/tellmeastory/index.php/Category:Finger_Plays)

This is one of those times when I feel so grateful that we're living in
the connected age.

Best wishes,
Rick Samuelson, Youth Services Librarian
Chair - Children's Services Division of OLA
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
111 NE Lincoln, MS 58A
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 648-9809   5#
ricks at wccls.org

"The clever men at Oxford
Know all that there is to be knowed.
But they none of them know one half as much
As intelligent Mr Toad!"
-Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows