[kids-lib] 2010 Oregon Summer Reading Sweepstakes
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Jun 1 08:33:18 PDT 2010
Hello! I just received another excellent question about the Oregon Summer Reading Sweepstakes that I thought you all might want to know the answer to.
Katie, are there any age restriction to enter? 0-18, maybe?
Yes there are restrictions, they will be printed on the back of the entry forms.
Officially the parent/legal guardian enters the contest, and they have to be:
· 21 years old or older (Next year we will advocate for changing this to allow teen parents to enter their children.)
· The parent/legal guardian of a child 0-18 years old
· A legal resident of Oregon with a valid Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number to win (they don't have to provide this number on the entry form)
· May only enter the sweepstakes once per child
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
From: kids-lib-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us [mailto:kids-lib-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of Katie Anderson
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:26 AM
To: '(kids-lib at listsmart.osl.state.or.us)'; '(oyan at listsmart.osl.state.or.us)'
Subject: [kids-lib] 2010 Oregon Summer Reading Sweepstakes
Hello! As those of you who attended the Spring CSD meeting or the past two OYAN meetings know, the Oregon State Library with support from the Oregon Library Association is partnering with the Oregon College Savings Plan to offer the 2010 Oregon Summer Reading Sweepstakes. Yesterday the State Librarian sent an email to all public library directors announcing the Sweepstakes-I've copied the email and pasted it below so you have the same information as your director.
Here are some important details that you need to know:
· Sweepstakes materials are going out to all libraries starting June 1st. Libraries in the Portland metro area will probably receive them from via Admail delivery service, all other libraries will receive them via UPS. Look for a large, flat box with a dolphin sticker on it.
· Central/administrative libraries will receive all materials for your system, please distribute the materials to your branches.
· The Sweepstakes is designed to be flexible so you may administer it whatever way works best with your summer reading program. You may use all of the materials provided or only those that work with your program. The Sweepstakes is not mandatory so libraries may choose not to participate.
· The box of materials will include:
o Two 12 x 18 posters.
o Two table tents.
o One instruction sheet which may be photocopied and posted at reference/circulation desks for staff. This includes information on how to order more materials if you need them, and contact information if you have any questions or feedback.
o A start-up kit including copies of the Sweepstakes guidelines/entry forms, bookmarks and Oregon College Savings Plan brochures. The number of start-up materials your library receives is based on the number of summer reading finishers reported on Ready to Read final reports and the annual CSD Summer Reading Survey, but you can order more materials throughout the summer.
o One tall standup, cardboard display which comes with assembly instructions. It takes about 15 minutes to assemble and is designed to hold all the materials in one place.
· 15 winners will be selected statewide in a random drawing, 3 winners from each congressional district. The winners get $1,000 Oregon College Savings Plan accounts, and the libraries they indicate on their entry forms receive $500 for their next summer reading program.
· To order more materials, please email oregon.college.savings at admailinc.com<mailto:oregon.college.savings at admailinc.com>.
· Questions about the Sweepstakes can be directed to me at katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us> or Kathy Griffin at kgriffin at tiaa-cref.org<mailto:kgriffin at tiaa-cref.org>.
Please keep in mind that this is the first year of the Sweepstakes. If you have suggestions for improvements please email them to me at katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us> or Kathy Griffin at kgriffin at tiaa-cref.org<mailto:kgriffin at tiaa-cref.org> so that we can make improvements next year.
From: pl-directors-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us [mailto:pl-directors-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of Jim Scheppke
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:21 PM
To: Public Library Directors
Subject: [PL-Directors] Announcing the ³Dive Into Saving for College² Contest
Dear Public Library Director:
The Oregon State Library is pleased to announce that it is partnering with the Oregon College Savings Plan in the State Treasurer's Office to offer a contest for the 2010 Summer Reading Program. The contest is called "Dive into Saving for College," and it encourages parents to sign up their children for your summer reading program. It also gives 15 parents a chance to win a $1,000 Oregon College Savings Plan account and helps families become aware of the need and opportunities to start saving for college today. As an added bonus, library branches indicated on the winning entries will also win $500 in cash toward future summer reading programs.
We hope your library will choose to participate this year. This is a program where both libraries and patrons can win!
Getting your library involved in the contest is simple. We are sending contest materials to your library next week. The rest is easy:
1. Children sign up for your summer reading program.
2. Your library staff will give parents a "Dive into Saving for College" entry form and encourage them to fill it out for a chance to win $1,000 towards their child's future education. Please make readily available the Oregon College Savings brochures along with the contest entry form.*
3. Parents complete the postage-paid entry card and drop it in the mail for entry in the drawing. Only one entry per child, please.
4. If a child from your library wins the $1,000 College Savings Plan account, your library will win $500 cash toward future summer reading programs.
If you have any questions please contact Katie Anderson at katie.anderson at state.or.us or 503-378-2528. Please encourage families to "Dive into Saving for College!"
Thank you for your participation.
Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CB0163.B7CA4E30]Go Green, Keep it on screen - think before you print.
*Personal entrant information will not be placed on additional marketing lists. Individuals can elect to receive more information from the Oregon College Savings Plan.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1427 bytes
More information about the Kids-lib