[kids-lib] Oregon Reader's Choice Award Logo Contest

Rick Samuelson ricks at wccls.org
Tue Jun 8 10:42:13 PDT 2010

 <<ORCA Logo Contest Rules and Entry Form.doc>>  <<ORCA Contest
Poster.jpg>>
Hi gang,

Please find attached some information supporting the Oregon Library
Association's upcoming ORCA (Oregon Reader's Choice Award) logo contest.
I apologize for the last-minute notice.  We literally pulled this
contest together over-night.

Since the ORCA award is so brand new, we stand in need of a logo.  Folks
on our committee thought it would be super-cool if an Oregon youth
designed the logo.  Thus, the contest was born.

The contest is open to all Oregon children who are able to take part in
ORCA voting.  We hope to have the logo in place by the beginning of the
10/11 school year in order to coincide with our back-to-school publicity
campaign.

Please help us by sharing this information with your library patrons or
staff.

I apologize for any cross-posting.

Thanks so much!!!!

Rick Samuelson, Youth Services Librarian
Chair - Children's Services Division of OLA
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
111 NE Lincoln, MS 58A
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 648-9809   5#
ricks at wccls.org

"The clever men at Oxford
Know all that there is to be knowed.
But they none of them know one half as much
As intelligent Mr Toad!"
-Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows