[kids-lib] Oregon Summer Reading Certificate design contest

Katie Anderson anderson_katie at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Thu Mar 4 14:07:33 PST 2010

The Oregon State Library and Oregon Department of Education are working on the 2010 Oregon Summer Reading Certificates, funded by the Oregon Education Association.  In the past, I drafted 3 mock-up certificates and you voted on which one you wanted the State to print.  Based on your feedback, there will be a few changes this year. This year we will make both a children's and a teen themed certificate. Because my design capabilities are very limited,  we are holding a contest to design the certificates.  The entries that I receive will be voted on in April by your colleagues.  The one children's and one teen certificate with the most votes will be printed for distribution and made available online.

If you are interested in participating in the 2010 Oregon Summer Reading Certificate design contest , here are the guidelines for entries:

1)  Entries must include the following features:
CSLP clip-art for the 2010 summer reading program (children's and/or teen art)
State of Oregon seal (just use any circular seal you can find online as a place-holder for your mock-up, it will be replaced with the official State seal prior to printing)
The text: "We hereby recognize and commend NAME For completing the 2010 Oregon Summer Reading Program"
Space for the signatures of Susan Castillo, State Superintendent of Public Instruction and Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
The text: "A joint project of the Oregon State Library, Oregon Department of Education, Oregon Library Association, and Oregon Education Association."
2)  Entries must be submitted in .pdf format and emailed to me at katie.anderson at state.or.us

3) Deadline is Monday, March 29, 2010.

4) All the entries I receive that include the features listed above will be voted on via email sent out on the OYAN, kids-lib, and OASL listserv.  The one  children's and one teen certificate with the most votes will be selected.

Thank you,
Katie Anderson

katie.anderson at state.or.us, 503-378-2528