[kids-lib] while you're feeling thankful this weekend

Jane Corry janec at multcolib.org
Mon Nov 22 10:38:53 PST 2010

You might want to think of a librarian or author who has made a significant
contribution in the areas of literature and/or library service for the
benefit of the children of Oregon.

Ask yourself, "Does that person reside principally in Oregon?"

and "Is s/he alive?"

If you answered yes to these questions you may be thinking of the next
winner of the Evelyn Sibley Lampman* award, the most prestigious award for
library service to children in Oregon.

*If you are a member of OLA you could make yourself proud by being the
nominator of the winner of that prestigious award.*

*It's easy. Just email me. I**nclude the following information:*

**

*Nominee's name *

* *

*Nominee's title, address, and phone (if known)*

*Description of the nominee's significant and lasting
contributionsover the years that have benefited the children of
Oregon*

*

**Nominations need to be sent to me  (janec at multcolib.org) via email by
January 28, 2011. *

*
*

--
*
Jane Corry

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long
at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
-Helen Keller*