[kids-lib] CSD Spring Workshop - sign up, join in the fun!

KRIST OBRIST KOBRIST at ci.monmouth.or.us
Thu Feb 10 14:46:14 PST 2011

*~*Please excuse cross-posting*~*

Greetings!
CSD will be holding its spring Workshop at the Bend Public Library (
http://www.deschuteslibrary.org/bend/Default.aspx ) in Bend, Oregon
on Friday, March 4th. Come join us for a day of learning, networking and
sharing!
The main event will be brought to us by the fabulous Heather McNeil
discussing multicultural storytelling. She will help us figure out how
to select great multicultural tales, understand them in perspective, and
aid us in ensuring that we are respectful and knowledgeable when we tell
and share them. There will also bea CSD update from Krist Obrist, and
Katie Anderson with information from the State Library.
In addition you, yes you, will be sharing all your great and wonderful
SRP ideas! Please bring handouts, program plans, guest presenter
suggestions and contact information, or any other gems you may have on
the theme of “One World, Many Stories” and “You Are Here.” (Please bring
50 copies of any handouts.) This is the opportunity to share with and
inspire your peers from across the state! Following the presentations,
tables will be set up to display all these fabulously creative items and
ideas.
This workshop will be brown bag. We will provide you with great
suggestions as to dining options within walking distance of the
library.
Please register (
https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quickForm/viewForm.do?orgId=ola&formId=95335
) so we can get an idea of how many people are coming.
Want to make a weekend of it? There’s plenty to explore both indoors
and out: skiing, hiking, rock climbing, and the amazing High Desert
Museum ( http://www.highdesertmuseum.org/ ) just down the road!
Here are some suggestions of great places to stay:
Phoenix Inn ( http://www.phoenixinn.com/bend/ ), convenient to downtown
and the library
McMenamin’s (
http://www.mcmenamins.com/490-old-st-francis-school-room-cottage-rates
), an Oregon favorite
LavaBelle’s Cottages ( http://www.lavabelles.com/ ), bring the whole
family!

For further information, please contact Josie Hanneman:
josieh at deschuteslibrary.org.
 We look forward to seeing you in beautiful Bend.

Krist Obrist, Youth Services Librarian
Chair - Children's Services Division of OLA
Monmouth Public Library
168 Ecols St. S.
Monmouth, OR 97361
kobrist at ci.monmouth.or.us