[kids-lib] Gary Paulsen video (3 mins)

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Fri Jul 29 09:49:43 PDT 2011

I just watched this wonderful YouTube video of author Gary Paulsen.  Like many, his book Hatchet captured me and I recommend it to almost everyone regardless of age and gender. This video makes me love the author even more! Check it out: http://youtu.be/qVl6Q1LP1rU

Highlights from the video:

*         "I was an awful student, a poor reader... a public librarian got me to read and while I was flunking school and my home life was awful she kept me reading."

*         "For young people I tell them read like a wolf eats..."

Have a wonderful day!

Katie