[kids-lib] Fwd: CSLP: 2014 Illustrators to announce

Jessica Marie jmarie at cityofsalem.net
Wed Dec 5 09:11:20 PST 2012

Greetings Library Folks!

The illustrators for the 2014 youth and teen summer reading programs have been announced!

Early Literacy/Youth SRP "Fizz, Boom, Read!" is Dan Santat
Teen SRP "Spark a Reaction" is Tim O'Brien

Just to let you know a little of the process, during the annual CSLP spring workshop, representatives from state libraries who are in attendance vote on the top 5 "dream" artists for the upcoming SRP themes.  This is done 2 years out since lots more work needs to be done to get ready.  Separate artists are selected for youth and for teen.  The CSLP chair people then approach the artists to try and woo them into creating the art for the summer reading program.  For more information about CSLP, visit http://www.cslpreads.org.  If you have any questions, your representatives are here to help.

Hope you like the selected artists!

Jessica Marie, CSD Summer Reading Chair: Jmarie at cityofsalem.net
Katie Anderson, CSLP Oregon State Representative: katie.anderson at state.or.us
Rick Samuelson, CSD Summer Reading Chair-Elect: ricks at wccls.org