[kids-lib] Possible resource: Top 10 Reading Comprehension Apps by Reading Rockets

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Fri Feb 10 09:25:55 PST 2012

Hi! I thought you may be interested in the list Reading Rockets just compiled of the top 10 reading comprehension apps<http://www.readingrockets.org/teaching/reading101/comprehension/literacyapps_comprehension/>. Most of them are for K-6 and two of them are designed for students up to 12th Grade. I know some libraries are starting to develop literacy app lists to share with their patrons, this may be a good resource to help libraries select apps for their lists. If your library doesn't have an apps list nor is planning on one at this time, this may be a good list to add to your resources for parents with questions about helping their children develop reading skills.

Here is the URL if you need it: http://www.readingrockets.org/teaching/reading101/comprehension/literacyapps_comprehension/