[kids-lib] puppeteers on tour

Hicks, Doris doris.hicks at cityofalbany.net
Sun Feb 12 10:48:14 PST 2012

I would like to recommend Parasol Puppets, a performing troupe from Missouri that will be touring the Northwest with their new show with live music for a few days this spring.  I have seen them perform several other shows, and they are always lively crowd-pleasers.  We have booked them for a day when school is out in Albany, and I encourage other libraries to take advantage of this rare opportunity to enjoy their unique programs.  Here is the information they sent:

We are looking forward to our April/May performance tour in the Pacific Northwest, with our new puppet show, THE GINGERBREAD MAN ON OLD MACDONALD'S FARM.  Colorful handpuppets, live sing-a-long participation, and live hammered dulcimer music, what a winning combination! We are available to perform at your library on April 25, 26, 30, or May 1, 2012.

The Gingerbread Man on Old MacDonald's Farm
Puppeteer: Peter Allen
Musical accompaniment: Debbie Lutzky Allen
Show length: 45 minutes
Performance Fee: $375

Old MacDonald has a most unusual farm. Parasol Puppets presents colorful hand puppets, live (not pre-recorded) voices and music in this musical version of everyone's favorite song story.  On this farm are chickens and ducks and cows and ... oh, no, a very hungry fox! The story gets even more exciting when the Gingerbread Man races through this pastoral scene.  Can anyone catch him?  Audiences enjoy singing along with ukulele and hammered dulcimer music as these two familiar characters collide into an original adventure. Songs include
OLD MACDONALD HAD A FARM, I HAD A LITTLE  ROOSTER, SIX LITTLE DUCKS and INCH BY INCH.

If you have any questions, please email dlpallen at grm.net<mailto:dlpallen at grm.net> or call us at (660) 684-6825. If you would like to learn more about Parasol Puppets, please check out our website, www.parasolpuppets.com

Thank you,
Debbie Lutzky Allen
Parasol Puppets
www.parasolpuppets.com<http://www.parasolpuppets.com>

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is a public record of the City of Albany and is subject to the State of Oregon Retention Schedule and may be subject to public disclosure under the Oregon Public Records Law. This e-mail, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please send a reply e-mail to let the sender know of the error and destroy all copies of the original message.