[kids-lib] OBOB Region 2 Help Needed this Saturday in Corvallis

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Mar 8 06:56:19 PST 2012

Posted on behalf of Andrea Surfleet and Ruth Murray

Bop into Corvallis this Saturday morning for a fun OBOB-ity time!  We need Moderators to keep our show going!  It's Oregon Battle of the Books time in the Mid-Valley:

Region 2 Tournament
Saturday, March 10th, 2012
7:45am-1:00pm
Linus Pauling Middle School, Corvallis
1111 N.W. Cleveland Avenue

We need volunteers to serve as Moderator/Readers! Here’s a snapshot of the job:
·         Reviews rules and expectations.
·         Read questions and help run the Battles with help from the experienced Judges.
·         Verify the final score with the Judges and then take it to the OBOB official in charge.
·         Moderator/Readers are not required to read the books, the kids have that part covered!

Sign up today!
There will be four rounds of battles for 3-5th & 6-8th.
7:45-8:45 Check-in & Training (light breakfast will be served)
9:00-10:30 Preliminary Round for 3-5th, 6-8th
10:45-11:15 Sweet Sixteen
11:30-12:00 Amazing Eight
12:15-12:45 Finals
Grades 9-12 We need Moderators for these! Preliminary Rounds will be held from 10:30-noon, Final Rounds from noon-12:30.
Help us keep the love of literature humming!

Fill out our Volunteer Form:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHNwOVF0eks5aVVRdzJpUG5TWENaWWc6MQ

or contact Andrea Surfleet
Volunteer Coordinator for OBOB Region 2