[kids-lib] Publishers Weekly Article: For Libraries, the Common Core Presents Extraordinary Opportunity

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Thu Feb 7 12:11:41 PST 2013

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/childrens/childrens-industry-news/article/55831-for-libraries-the-common-core-presents-extraordinary-opportunity.html

I just read an interesting Publishers Weekly article about the Common Core State Standards. In it the authors emphasize the role that school and public librarians can play in helping educators implement the standards.

Also, I thought Stephen Krashen<http://esl.fis.edu/teachers/support/krashen.htm>'s comments at the end of the article were interesting. However, since Oregon adopted the Common Core in 2010, we are expected to move forward.

FYI,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Oregon State Library
250 Winter Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
503.378.5011
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us>

OSLIS || www.oslis.org
Learn to research. Research to learn.(c)