[kids-lib] Storing Board Books

Amanda Lamb amanda.lamb at newbergoregon.gov
Thu Jan 3 17:54:31 PST 2013

Here at the Newberg Public Library we use a few simple, white laundry baskets that are easy to move when we have large programs and easy to see through both for staff pulling holds and for browsing children. One of our children's librarians also has a 'Babytime Cart' full of both board books and picture books that she pulls out at Lap-Sit Storytime each week. Families also know to ask at the children's desk for a look at the cart when they come in throughout the week. These books don't have as much wear and tear as the board books that are always out and are specifically geared toward that age group.

Hope that helps!
Amanda

Amanda Lamb
Children's Staff
Newberg Public Library
503 E. Hancock Street     Newberg, OR   97132
P 503-537-0304
amanda.lamb at newbergoregon.gov