[kids-lib] CD player inquiry

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Jul 29 12:03:28 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of Hope Crandall, please reply to her at: tanenz at comcast.net<mailto:tanenz at comcast.net>

I am looking for a portable CD player to play audiobooks. This is what it must be capable of:  You listen to part of the story, you turn off the machine, later you turn it back on, and the story resumes from where it left off.  A car CD player will do that, but I can't find a portable one which can do it. This is not using the Pause Button.
I have been told by librarians such a machine would be useful for outreach services. My public library couldn't find anything, but would like to know if it exists. I have called retailers and they couldn't find anything.
I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.

Hope Crandall
Retired elementary librarian
Eugene, Oregon