[kids-lib] Oregon Readers Choice Award (ORCA) voting season is here!

Rebecca Cohen storyweaver at newportlibrary.org
Fri Mar 1 11:28:39 PST 2013

It's now March, which means that people can officially vote for their favorite Oregon Reader's Choice Award book.
Please encourage your students and your patrons to vote for their favorite ORCA book. As long as they have read 2 or more books in any of the 3 divisions, then they are allowed to vote in that division. Since there were a number of crossover books, any student who competed in OBOB is eligible for vote in the ORCA.
People have until April 2nd to vote. (We extended the voting 2 days because of Spring Break.) Please collect the votes at your school or library. There are paper ballots that you can download from the ORCA website (http://www.olaweb.org/orca), or you can create your own. You also could do an electronic ballot, if you would rather. I have made one to share at http://bit.ly/orcaballot2013. Please make sure that you choose "Make a copy" first, so it becomes yours before you start using it.
Once you have the votes for your building all tallied, please submit them using this Google form: http://bit.ly/orca2013
Thank you SO much for promoting reading through the Oregon Reader's Choice Award. In April we will announce the winners, plus the titles for the 2014 ORCA Divisions.
Thanks,
Stuart Levy
ORCA Chair

"It is not the answer that enlightens but the question." -- Eugène Ionesco
=====================
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE166F.EBD8D4C0]
Stuart Levy
Teacher-Librarian