[kids-lib] Fwd: RE: Statewide Database Licensing Advisory

Jessica Marie jmarie at cityofsalem.net
Tue Mar 26 09:21:37 PDT 2013

Hi All,

It looks as though Dough Yancey has been nominated for the position so we will more than likely have a CCRLS representative on the SDLAC.  It looks to be a bigger time commitment than I am able to give, but I will definitely be able to give ideas and opinions to Doug as the process unfolds (poor Doug).

Best wishes,

Jessica R. Marie, Youth Services Senior Librarian
Salem Public Library
jmarie at cityofsalem.net
503-589-2063
~The ability to read is the fundamental skill that makes all other learning possible.

>>> "Arlene Weible" <arlene.weible at state.or.us> 3/25/2013 7:51 AM >>>
Hi Jessica:
Thanks for your interest in the SDLAC.

In the upcoming year, the time commitments for SDLAC meetings and other outside work will be higher than normal. We are currently in the process of a new procurement for databases, as the current contract will end in mid 2014. I expect that SDLAC members will be very involved in evaluating the proposals we get from our RFP request from late summer though early fall 2013. This will likely involve multiple meetings, and some outside time to evaluate proposals. After a proposal is chosen and a contract is negotiated, the workload will be more normal ... which primarily entails 2-3 meetings per year.

I wanted to also let you know that we do have a nomination from CCRLS for the Resource Sharing Network position, Doug Yancey. You are of course still welcome to be nominated, but I thought you may want to know this. We do not yet have any nominations for the Public Library serving over 100,000 position, and you would qualify for that position being from Salem Public.

I hope this answers your question, and please let me know if I can provide any further information.

Thanks!
Arlene

Katie had mentioned that the Statewide Database Licensing Advisory Board was in need of nominations for position #9 (resource sharing network).  The PYM Cooperative, of which my library is a member, was considering nominating me for that position, however, the first question my manager asked was the time commitment.  Could you give me a little more information about the commitment required for that position?

Thanks so much!

Jessica R. Marie, Youth Services Senior Librarian Salem Public Library jmarie at cityofsalem.net