[kids-lib] ODE's Early Literacy Grant opportunity coming in January

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Nov 27 12:10:57 PST 2013

In August I emailed<http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/pipermail/kids-lib/2013-August/001472.html> about potential grant opportunities from the Oregon Department of Education (ODE). The Early Literacy Grant request for proposals (RFP) is tentatively schedule to open in January 2014. For those of you in communities with state approved Early Learning Hubs<http://www.oregon.gov/gov/media_room/Pages/press_releases/press_111213.aspx>, your hub must be the applicant. Libraries in other communities may apply as long as they demonstrate alignment and collaboration with the group that will become their state approved Early Learning Hub. The State Librarian talked a little about this at the Public Library Directors meeting earlier this month so you may want to talk with your director if they attended that meeting.

Hopefully you are already involved with your Early Learning Hub. If not, it's not too late to get involved! You are an early literacy expert and/or an expert in delivering early literacy resources in your community. This is a great opportunity to actively participate in and contribute to your Early Learning Hub.

I will keep you informed as I learn more.

Thanks,
Katie