[kids-lib] Reaching New Demographics

josie hanneman josieh at dpls.lib.or.us
Fri Feb 14 13:05:27 PST 2014

I have grand plans to visit our outdoor flea market this summer. I'm not sure what will come of it, but it seems like another place where people congregate. I have the same challenge. Demographics show that there are more folks out there, but how to I reach them? Places to try (that you might've already tried):

*         Any and all daycare groups, including the unlicensed ones in people's homes.

*         Laundromats, can you put up a flyer at least? Or a passive program? Kids get bored while waiting for their laundry!! Same with busstops or public transportation, if you have those.
Good luck, and please share with the group if you get any groundbreaking ideas!

Josie Hanneman / 541.312.1088 / www.deschuteslibrary.org<http://www.deschuteslibrary.org>