[kids-lib] FW: Oregon Battle of the Books Chair Position Recruitment

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Tue Jun 3 10:55:11 PDT 2014

I am forwarding this on behalf of Elke Bruton. If you have questions, please contact Elke at oboblsta at gmail.com<mailto:oboblsta at gmail.com>.

Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Oregon State Library
250 Winter Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
503.378.5011
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us>

From: Libs-Or [mailto:libs-or-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of Elke Bruton
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 10:15 AM
To: libs-or at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:libs-or at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>
Subject: [Libs-Or] Oregon Battle of the Books Chair Position Recruitment

Dear Library Colleagues,

The Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB) is currently recruiting for the volunteer position of Administrative Chair.  This is a 2 year renewable position that works in conjunction with the Finance Chair and the Outreach Chair to form the executive management OBOB.

In order to form a smooth transition I would like to recruit a person to assume responsibilities by January 2015.  Ideally I would continue to manage the positions responsibilities through December 2014 and work with the incumbent to get them trained to take over in January.

If you are interested in joining OBOB this year please contact me at oboblsta at gmail.com<mailto:oboblsta at gmail.com> for more details about the position.  More information on Oregon Battle of the Book's organization, etc. can be found in the current Handbook<http://oboblsta.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/68635092/Handbook2013-2014.pdf>.  Information regarding the roll's responsibilities are below:

Administrative Chair (2 year commitment)
        A. Role currently occupied by Elke Bruton
        B. Two (2) year commitment (beginning in even years)
        C. Duties
            1. Communications:
                a. email management
-committee
-participants
-general issues, questions/answers
                b. social media management (Facebook)
            2. OBOB wiki management
            3. Handbook: rules and procedures updating and publishing
            4. Grant selection management/grant book ordering support
            5. Title selection support
            6.  Meeting administration
            7.  Overall administration

---------------------