[kids-lib] How do libraries monitor, filter, and utilize computers in the children's area?

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Jun 17 09:45:47 PDT 2014

Posted on behalf of Darcy Smith...

Our library recently received funding that is going to be used to create a Tween computer area.  We currently have computers in the Easy, YA, and Adult areas.  Adding a Tween section will give our library computers In the Easy, Junior, YA and Adult areas.

I am curious to find out how other libraries monitor, filter, utilize the computers located in the children's area of the library.  I would also like to know how other library’s set the age range for the patrons using computers in the various areas of the library.

Thank you

Darcy Smith
Children’s Librarian
Lebanon Public Library