[kids-lib] Resources: Asian Pacific American children’s and young adult books

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Mar 17 11:43:57 PDT 2014

Hi! I was just reminded via ALA’s Association of Library Services to Children about two valuable resources for recommended Asian Pacific Islander children’s and young adult books

Talk Story, a joint family literacy program of American Indian Library Association and Asian Pacific American Library Association, has a comprehensive list of recommended Asian Pacific American children's and young adult books that were carefully selected and that represent the best and the broadest children's and young adult stories. Please see: http://talkstorytogether.org/asian-pacific-american-book-list

There is also a list of our past Literature Award winners from 2001, which include YA fiction and children's literature:
http://www.apalaweb.org/awards/literature-awards/winners/