[kids-lib] Program with Reading Assistance Dogs

Karl Thang karl at creswell-library.org
Tue Mar 25 16:00:04 PDT 2014

Hi, everyone!

I'm Karl, the new Youth Librarian in Creswell. I'm looking into bringing a
Reading Assistance Dog (preferably from the READ program) for an event this
year; has anyone implemented an event that connects the dots between
service dogs + kids + reading? I'd love to hear from you! Did you connect
with the READ program or did you have better luck reaching out to local
veterinary organizations? What activities did you do -- was it a 'storytime
with a dog' or something more involved, like letting kids read to the dog?

Any info would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

--
Karl Thang | Youth & Community Services Librarian, Creswell Library