[kids-lib] Homework Helpers program in partnership with a local college/university

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Mar 26 08:19:11 PDT 2014

Hi! This ideas was just shared on ALA's Association of Library Services to Children's listserv and thought you all might be interested.

If you have a nearby college or university with student teachers, you might try contacting them to make a partnership for tutoring.

We partner with a local college with student teachers who need contact hours with students for class and pair them with students who need reading help. So the kids get help and the student teachers get the practice and credits they need, and we write them a letter of recommendation.

Keri Weston-Stoll
Youth Services Librarian
Waukee Public Library