[kids-lib] Games in the Library

Taylor Worley taylorlgkw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 16:14:00 PDT 2014

Hey!

Just talking to a colleague about games for teens and tweens in the library
and generated this list and thought we'd share:

•Dixit
•Zombie Dice
•Chess set
•Forbidden Island*
•Quirkle
• Decks of cards (don't forget about the basics)
• 7 Wonders*
• Small Worlds*
• Coup
• Love Letter
• Werewolf
• Tsuro*
• Blokus
• Carcassonne*
•Escape: Curse* of the Temple (remember this one has noise and it requires
a CD player)
• Masquerade
• Apples to Apples

If you find that tabletop games are good for your library these are all
great for teens and tweens. There's even a family version of Dixit Journeys
for kids/families, as well as a Blokus Jr.

Dixit is hands down my favorite for kids as you use pictures to tell
stories! Anyway, you may know all this already but just in case, here you
are. Go board games! Woot!

*Taylor Worley                                                 *Youth
Services Librarian
Springfield Public Library
225 5th Street
Springfield, OR 97422
541.726.2243 (direct)
taylorlgkw at gmail.com
tworley at springfield-or.gov
*"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and
stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -A. A. Milne*