[kids-lib] Save the date - OYAN Fall Workshop & Meeting - "Building Developmental Relationships With Youth"

Ian Duncanson iduncanson at beavertonoregon.gov
Thu Aug 20 14:59:18 PDT 2015

Hello,
I'm pleased to announce OYAN's fall workshop on Friday, October 23rd, 10 a.m. - noon at the Hillsboro Public Library (2850 NE Brookwood Parkway, Hillsboro, 97124). Following the workshop, we'll have lunch and then our OYAN business meeting from 1:00 - 4:00. We hope you can join us! Please RSVP to me if you're planning on attending the workshop in the morning.

"Building Developmental Relationships With Youth," presented by Sarah Tollefson, M.Ed from the Institute for Youth Success<http://instituteforyouthsuccess.org/>:

Participants will

  1.  Learn the characteristics of developmental relationships
  2.  Learn skills to promote positive interactions with youth
  3.  Practice practical application of these new skills.
In the interactive training "Building Developmental Relationships with Youth, we'll explore how library staff can build more powerful relationships in their daily interactions with young people. We'll discuss Developmental Relationships as defined by the Search Institute, using process-focused encouragement rather than outcome-based praise, and using supportive communication skills.

Best,
--Ian

Ian Duncanson
Young Adult Librarian | Youth Services
Beaverton City Library | 12375 SW 5th Street | Beaverton OR  97005-2883
p: 503.350.3610 | f: 503.469.9258 | www.BeavertonLibrary.org<http://www.beavertonlibrary.org/>
Work Days: Tuesday - Saturday

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDF89F.2796DFA0]

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE

This e-mail is a public record of the City of Beaverton and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.  This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.