[kids-lib] Mock Belpre Award Workshop Results
BMiller at crooklib.org
Wed Dec 16 17:20:44 PST 2015
Here are the results of the Mock Belpré Award Workshop on Saturday, December 12. Thank you so much to everyone who participated in the event, especially Martín Blasco, Hope Crandall, and Annie Lewis. If you missed the event, don't worry! Beth Patin's presentation slides on cultural competence will be available on NWCentral soon and REFORMA (now an OLA Round Table...yay!) hopes to make this an annual event.
Margarita Engle for "Enchanted Air. Two Cultures, Two Wings. A Memoir". Published by Atheneum Books for Young Children (New York).
Duncan Tonatiuh for "Funny Bones. Posada and His Day of the Dead Calaveras". Published by Abrams Books for Young Readers (New York).
· Jorge Argueta for "Salsa. Un poema para cocinar / A Cooking Poem". Published by Groundwood Books / House of Anansi Press (Toronto; Berkeley).
· Meg Medina for "Mango, Abuela, and Me" / "Mango, Abuela y yo". Published by Candlewick Press (Somerville, Massachusetts).
· Margarita Engle for "Drum Dream Girl. How One Girl's Courage Changed Music". Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Boston).
· Sonia Manzano for "Miracle in 133rd Street". Published by Atheneum Books for Young Children (New York).
· Rafael López for "Drum Dream Girl. How One Girl's Courage Changed Music". Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Boston).
· Angela Dominguez for "Mango, Abuela, and Me" / "Mango, Abuela y yo". Published by Candlewick Press (Somerville, Massachusetts).
Barratt Miller, MSLIS
Crook County Library
175 NW Meadow Lakes Drive
Prineville, OR 97754
541-447-7978 ext 303
bmiller at crooklib.org<mailto:bmiller at crooklib.org>
Crook County Library - Experience the Journey!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kids-lib