[kids-lib] I Love My Librarian Award => Nominations Accepted Through September 28th

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Fri Jul 24 11:11:53 PDT 2015

Please pardon the cross-posting.
[LoveMyLibrarian.PNG]
Nominations for the I Love My Librarian Award are being accepted through September 28th. You might want to promote this contest in your library. The advance notice is in case you want to include info in August and/or September newsletters. How cool would it be to have a winner from Oregon?!

About the I Love My Librarian Award
http://ilovelibraries.org/lovemylibrarian
"Librarians touch the lives of the people they serve every day. The Carnegie Corporation of New York/New York Public Library/New York Times I Love My Librarian Award encourages library users like you to recognize the accomplishments of exceptional public, school, college, community college, or university librarians. We want to hear how you think your librarian is improving the lives of the people in your school, campus or community."

Nominations for the award are open through September 28th.

10 librarians each will receive a $5,000 cash award, a plaque, and a travel stipend to attend an awards reception in New York. In addition, a plaque will be given to each award winner's library.

Promotional Tools
http://ilovelibraries.org/lovemylibrarian/promotional-tools
The promotional section has a downloadable logo and web badge, sample press release, and sample Tweets for your Twitter feed (which could be used on other social media platforms). Library staff could promote this in a September newsletter, on their library website, near the OPACs or circulation desks, via social media feeds, etc.
Nominee Eligibility Requirements
http://www.ilovelibraries.org/about-i-love-my-librarian-award
"Each nominee must be a librarian with a master's degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association in library and information studies or a master's degree with a specialty in school library media from an educational unit accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education. Nominees must be currently working in the United States in a public library, a library at an accredited two- or four-year college or university or at an accredited K-12 school."

FYI,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant