[kids-lib] Job Opening: Youth Services Coordinator, Anna Poter Public Library, Gatlinburg, TN
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Oct 5 10:00:45 PDT 2015
Just forwarding info about a job opening—Katie
-- Employment Opportunity – Youth Services Coordinator
Anna Porter Public Library (APPL) in Gatlinburg, TN is seeking a unique and open-minded individual who can combine creativity and excellent service skills with computer savvy to move APPL further into the 21st century.
The Youth Services Coordinator will create and/or manage fun, cost-effective programs for children, teens, and young adults from pre-school through high school and will select books for that age group. Duties include time scheduled on the circulation desk, basic library tasks, and other jobs as assigned. The position is full-time and will include work on some evenings and Saturdays.
Minimum qualifications: AA or AS two-year college degree preferred. Experience in a library or working with children preferred. A willingness and ability to work with all types and ages of people, with varying levels of education and computer skills is necessary.
The annual salary is $27,000 with all healthcare insurance paid and a 3% match for a Simple IRA. The position offers a view of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and working in a new building with excellent technology. The beginning date is January 4, 2016.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three business references to: Kenton Temple, Anna Porter Public Library, 158 Proffitt Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 or applkt at gmail.com<mailto:applkt at gmail.com>. Incomplete applications and phone calls will not be accepted. Application packets will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Youth Services Coordinator:
1. Is responsible for scheduling and directing all children, teen and young adult programs including the Summer Reading Program and Tuesday Story Hour.
2. Assists in selecting children, teen and young adult materials for acquisition and withdrawal .
3. Works on the circulation desk as scheduled.
4. Has an understanding of basic technology and use the library computer system to circulate books.
5. Assists patrons with identifying and finding materials in the library.
6. Assists patrons with TEL and READS programs using desktop computers, Ipads/tablets, Kindles etc.
7. Uses appropriate, friendly, professional, and accurate communication skills with library patrons and staff.
8. Attends training programs as assigned.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the library director.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Friendly, enthusiastic attitude toward children and their guardians
· A willingness and aptitude for acquiring skills in new technical areas
· Knowledge of books and computer resources for children
· Ability to be creative and imaginative in planning and implementation of programs for children of all age groups
· Ability to type and write legibly
· Experience with Microsoft Office
· Ability to work independently and with personal initiative
· Ability to interact courteously and effectively with fellow staff as well as library visitors and patrons
· Ability to work a flexible schedule – work hours are based on library needs, Saturdays and some nights included
· Normal or corrected eyesight and hearing in the normal range
· Ability to stand, walk, and lift materials up to 25 pounds
· Stooping, bending, and walking to access the full range of shelved materials
· Ability to work in an environment with constant interruptions
· Ability to use computers, library software, and the Internet
· Ability to view a monitor and use a keyboard for extended periods of time
· Ability to file materials on shelves ranging from 1 to 7 feet above the floor
· Ability to travel for training workshops as required
· Fully paid healthcare insurance
· Simple IRA 3% matching retirement plan
· Paid vacation and sick time off
· Great work environment in a new and up to date building in a great location with a wonderful view.
Anna Porter Public Library
158 Proffitt Road
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kids-lib