[kids-lib] Reminder: Register for CSD Fall Workshop by Th Oct 15!

Kemper Hodge, Kristy Kristy.KemperHodge at corvallisoregon.gov
Thu Oct 8 10:09:12 PDT 2015

Hello, and please forgive the cross-posting -

This is a reminder that registration is open for one more week for our upcoming Children’s Services Division Fall Workshop on Saturday October 17, 2015 from 9am-4pm at Lebanon Public Library<http://www.lebanonpubliclibrary.com/>. This workshop will focus on youth summer reading programs and is FREE! We’ll also be distributing summer reading manuals for those in attendance.

Registration is required; the registration form<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_204768> will be available until Thursday October 15. Please bring your lunch, as well as your ideas, questions, and example materials to share with your fellow youth services colleagues from throughout the state. A listing of local lunch spots has been awesomely provided by Jaime Oakeson from Lebanon Public Library and is attached.

Remote access will be available for this workshop; when registering, you’ll sign up as a regular attendee, and then simply attend online or by phone as opposed to in person. To access the workshop remotely online or by phone:

CSD Fall Workshop
Sat, Oct 17, 2015 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/771665565

You can also dial in using your phone. United States : +1 (657) 220-3412
Access Code: 771-665-565

Workshop Agenda – October 17, 9am-4pm

9:00 Registration, Networking, and Summer Reading Manual Pick-Up
9:25 Welcome
9:30 Summer Reading Program Structures - Panel Discussion
10:30 Program-a-Looza - Group Breakout Sessions
11:30 Troubleshooting Summer Reading Program Struggles
12:00 Lunch - BYO
1:00-1:30 Summer Reading Manual Pick-Up Open
1:30 CSD Updates - Barratt Miller
2:00 State Library Report - Katie Anderson
2:15-2:30 - Break
2:30 Summer Reading Program 2016 & Community Reading Challenges - Idea Share
3:30 Goodbye & Final Manual Pick-Up

Questions? Contact Kristy Kemper Hodge, Incoming Summer Reading Chair, at Kristy.kemperhodge at corvallisoregon.gov<mailto:Kristy.kemperhodge at corvallisoregon.gov> or 541-766-6489.

Hope to see you at the Fall Workshop next week!
Kristy

Kristy Kemper Hodge
Youth Services Librarian

Corvallis-Benton County Public Library<http://www.thebestlibrary.net/>