[kids-lib] SRP game cards and other links

Bryce Kozla brycek at wccls.org
Tue Oct 20 08:45:18 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,
It was a pleasure to meet several of you at the CSD workshop this Saturday! For those of you I haven't met yet: Hello! I'm Bryce, the new Youth Services Librarian at Washington County Cooperative Library Services (or, as an easy connection, "The new Rick Samuelson").

I talked to a few of you about sending some links and I wanted to follow up on that.
First off, the SRP game cards I created at my former library:
Here is the link to all of them: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Xfsh6UaBOSfk1qeGtod3FnaG8yak96TmxBaXN0WkpxMjNxcktwd3phMEVFdmpVNnlNdjA&usp=sharing

Here is the thought process that went into it and how they work: http://brycedontplay.blogspot.com/2014/09/summer-reading-game-cards.html
I was the impetus for doing without the extra prizes at my former library. We added the "donate food" this year, which I didn't agree with (I saw it as a micro-aggression against our high service population living with food insecurity); by the end of the summer 600 lbs of food were donated, so that was positive.

The 4K- grade 5 version debuted in 2014; due to its success, the early literacy version was changed for 2015. Here's how they look:
http://readingwithred.blogspot.com/2015/05/summer-reading-program-for-babies.html

Scroll down to the bottom of this post for more ways to use stickers to create something together: http://fatgirlreading.com/re-vamping-summer-reading-part-one-passive-programs/

Additionally, here's some blog resources for ideas I added to the post-its:
Yogilibrarian for yoga storytimes: https://yogibrarian.wordpress.com/yoga-storytimes/
Hafuboti (who I've dubbed The Librarian Who Saved Summer Reading 2015 with her alternate artwork) with Nerd Chi: http://hafuboti.com/2015/01/19/nerd-chi/
Picture Book Story Walk: http://showmelibrarian.blogspot.com/2013/06/thinking-outside-book-partnering-to.html
Simon Says/Tic-Tac-Toe mashup (full body Tic Tac Toe): http://brycedontplay.blogspot.com/2015/05/tic-tac-toesimon-says-mashup-game.html

Let me know if you have any questions about any of this. I clearly love to run my mouth :)
Bryce

Bryce Kozla, Youth Services Librarian
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
503.681.5092
wccls.org/kids<http://www.wccls.org/kids>