[kids-lib] FW: Opportunity for WCCLS to cross promote a resource - Information from Comcast to increase internet access from Home for low income families

Martín Blasco MartinB at wccls.org
Mon Aug 8 09:22:57 PDT 2016

FYI

From: Jodi Nielsen
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2016 12:02 PM
To: Bryce Kozla; Martín Blasco
Cc: Ross Fuqua; Stephanie Lind; Lisa Tattersall
Subject: Opportunity for WCCLS to cross promote a resource - Information from Comcast to increase internet access from Home for low income families

I’ve discussed the attached information with Eva and she thought it would be nice for you two to share with your contacts. Perhaps it could be added to the “back to school” information. I’m guessing that Comcast also sends it to schools – but it doesn’t hurt to pass it along again. I’ve also cc’d Ross so he can share through social media (Eva’s suggestion).

The interesting thing is the $150 computer; Eva hadn’t heard about that before and that has been said to be the bigger hurdle for access for low income families, not the $10 a month.

I will also pass along this information to my contacts in Washington County Housing department to see if they have the fliers. I would guess that they do, but it’s worth checking.

Thanks –

Jodi