[kids-lib] 2017 Evelyn Sibley Lampman Award Nomination Reminder
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Dec 29 12:09:03 PST 2016
Posted on behalf of the Chair of the Lampman Committee, Carrie Kasperick. Please excuse the cross-posting.—Katie
2017 Evelyn Sibley Lampman Award Nomination Reminder
Nominate a special Oregon author, educator, or librarian who has made lasting or significant contributions to the children of Oregon or children’s literature for the Evelyn Sibley Lampman Award by January 31, 2017!
The Evelyn Sibley Lampman Award is presented annually by the Children's Services Division of the Oregon Library Association at the OLA Annual Conference. The award is given in memory of Evelyn Sibley Lampman (1907-1980), noted Oregon teacher, journalist, and author of children’s books.
Nomination eligibility requirements are as follows:
* The person shall reside principally in Oregon.
* The award shall be given for personal accomplishments to recognize the individual's contribution and shall not be conferred upon an individual representing the accomplishments of many.
* Only living persons may be considered for the award.
Please include the following in the award submissions:
* Nominee's name
* Nominee's title, address, and phone (if known)
* Description of the nominee's significant and lasting contributions over the years that have benefited the children of Oregon.
* Letters of support are welcome, but not required.
Nominations for the award shall be accepted from Children's Division members, OLA members, and members of the Lampman Award Committee. Current Lampman Committee members are not eligible to be nominated.
Please send all nomination materials to Carrie Kasperick at ckasperick at ci.monmouth.or.us<mailto:ckasperick at ci.monmouth.or.us> or care of Carrie Kasperick at the Monmouth Public Library, 168 Ecols St. S., PO Box 10, Monmouth, OR 97361.
Nominations will be accepted through January 31st, 2017.
For more information on the award and the current committee, click here: http://www.csdola.org/lampman-award.html
Lampman Committee Chair (2016-2017)
Youth Services Librarian
Monmouth Public Library
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kids-lib