[kids-lib] CSD Spring Workshop - Silent Auction

Mayer, Rebecca RMAYER at westlinnoregon.gov
Wed Feb 24 17:37:22 PST 2016

Hello all! We’re really excited for this year’s workshop, and hope you are ready for our annual Silent Auction! We’re changing it up a little this year. Instead of single item auctions, we will be compiling the items you bring into themed baskets. Hopefully this will encourage your bids as the spoils will be great! Below are the themes for the baskets, so please look around your house or office for something that you can add to the fun. Also, don’t forget to bring your cash or checks to the workshop so you can join in the frenetic/uber-polite bidding that can happen at a silent auction for children’s librarians. We will most likely have a card reader to take credit/debit cards, but cash or check is always a safe bet.

Basket themes:

·         Cats - The lovely Carol Reich is already working on this one but there’s always room for more! It’s not like librarians are known for loving cats…

·         The OLA Survival Kit – Those of us who’ve attended a conference or two know that there are a few items you will definitely need to get through a long couple days of filling your brain with amazing ideas. Consider any Bend-related items that will make this year’s conference extra special.

·         The Consummate Reader – Books. More books. Then a few more books. Maybe another book?

·         Playtime! – Children’s toys, books, craft supplies, and more. This is the basket that will make your job easier!

·         The Homebody – Decorations, kitchen gadgets, maybe a comfortable throw, this is the basket for the lovable recluse.

·         The Summer Reader – Any item related to this year’s summer reading program theme: health and fitness. Anyone have a spare gold medal lying around?

·         The Treat Yo’Self – Scented lotion, your favorite chocolates, a cooling eye mask. This basket knows you’ve had a long day and wants you to put your feet up.

There will also be a door prize that anybody who attends will be entered to win! Join us for a day of learning and fun!

Rebecca Mayer
CSD Chair-Elect 2015-16

        Rebecca Mayer
Youth Services Librarian
1595 Burns St.
West Linn, Oregon 97068
RMAYER at westlinnoregon.gov<mailto:RMAYER at westlinnoregon.gov>
westlinnoregon.gov<http://westlinnoregon.gov>
Phone 503-742-8589
[cid:image347ab6.PNG at aaf91bb4.4f9901b4]<http://westlinnoregon.gov>

[cid:image394e9d.PNG at db7ee1bf.4b87179e]<http://go.usa.gov/XYzC>

Please consider the impact on the environment before printing a paper copy of this email.
This e-mail is subject to the State Retention Schedule and may be made available to the public